'There are nine main concepts that both secular and religious GLBT communities think and fear regarding conservative evangelical churches and people.
1. How can I possibly relate to Christians in a church environment?
2. Will Christians always look at me as just gay?
3. Will I be able to be like everyone else in church activities and groups?
4. Do they think homosexuality is a special sin?
5. Do they believe that I chose to be life this?
6. Do they think I'm going to hit on them?
7. Do they think I'm going to abuse their children?
8. Are they scared that I'm going to infect them with an STD or HIV/AIDS?
9. When will I be rejected and kicked out?'
Andrew Marin, Love Is an Orientation: Elevating The Conversation with the Gay Community, p.31.