Tuesday 21 December 2010

GOD SPEAKS TODAY

'Let me tell you a most wonderful experience I had early on Monday morning, March 19, 2007, a little after six o'clock. God actually spoke to me. There is no doubt that it was God. I heard the very word in my head just as clearly as when a memory of a conversation passes across your consciouness. The words were in English, but they had about them an absolutely self-autheticating ring of truth. I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that God still speaks today.
It was through the Bible that I heard these divine words, and through the Bible I have experiences like this almost every day...If you would like to hear the very same words I heard on the couch in northern Minnesota, read Psalm 66:5-7. That is where I heard them. O how precious is the Bible...This is the very voice of God.
Something is incredibly wrong when the words we hear outside Scripture are more powerful and more affecting to us that the inspired word of God.'
John Piper in CJ Mahaney, 'The Pastor and the Trinity' in For the Fame of God's Name, p.400.