Saturday 17 March 2012

DOUBT

'...in those same moments of strained belief, of not knowing where or if God is, is has also seemed that the Christian story keeps explaining who and where I am, better than any other story I know. On the days when I think I have a fighting chance of redemption, at change, I understand it to be those words and these rituals and these people who will change me. Some days I am not sure if my faith is riddled with doubt or whether, graciously, my doubt is riddled with faith. And yet I continue to live in a world the way a religious person lives in the world; I keep living in a world that I know to be enchanted, and not left alone. I doubt; I am uncertain; I am restless, prone to wander. Amd yet glimmers of holy keep interrupting my gaze.'
Lauren F Winner, Still, p.xiv.